Each case is carefully screened to make sure the need is genuine and that our assistance can make a difference for the better. We follow up to ensure that our funds were spent as intended and to assess outcomes. 95% of donations go to help children and families in need.
Here are just a few examples of what we pay for:
- Apartment security deposit for a homeless family, so they can move in as soon as a parent has found a job
- Overdue utility bills, so children can live in a secure environment
- Cleaning supplies and basic safety devices, so the family can raise their children in a safe setting
- Beds and other essentials, such as an air conditioner for a foster child with asthma, so the child can leave foster care to live at home or with relatives.
- Help with tuition for career training, so a young mother can get off welfare and find employment that supports her family
- Laptops and school supplies for foster kids and teens whose families can’t afford these essential tools for classroom success
- After-school activity fees and supplies, so children and teens can engage in productive activities under supervision
Basics of Daily Living
- Transportation passes, so parents or older teens can
- seek employment
- get to medical appointments for themselves or their children
- visit their children in foster care or treatment centers
- attend counseling or parenting classes
- attend job training classes
- Emergency food and clothing cards so family can immediately address crisis situations while looking for more permanent solutions.