THIS PAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY UPDATED TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL CORONA VIRUS SUPPORT
APPLICATION REVIEW CRITERIA
For professionals wanting to help provide access to juvenile justice for children living in poverty.
- Applications can only be made by juvenile court related professionals.
- There must be a current Massachusetts juvenile court or DCF open case.
- Applications must explain that the child or the family is living in poverty.
- All assistance provided for juvenile justice must benefit a child, directly or indirectly.
- OCH pays for immediate needs for specific items or services, not general requests for on-going needs or resources unlikely to help.
- Assistance cannot be provided for more than $1,000 per application. Applicant is responsible for receipts. Receipts are required for reimbursement
- Assistance cannot be provided after the item/service has already been purchased. Applicant must have approval from One Can Help first.
- OCH wants to understand that funds for this need are not otherwise available.
- Laptops can only be provided when truly needed.
- Drug screens, birth certificates, DNA tests or other supports possibly considered Court Cost can only be considered after motions have been denied.
- OCH is unable to pay court fees, restitutions or fines.
- OCH is unable to pay for Marijuana related expenses.
- One Can Help wants to help people improve their lives — not “enable” people. In the case of adults, applicant must explain how their client is helping themselves too.
For all other inquiries please contact us below:
One Can Help
P.O. Box 55
Newton, MA 02468