In light of COVID-19, OCH will run the following pilot program until May 1, 2020:
Only Juvenile Court Professionals can apply.
All cases must have either juvenile court or DCF involvement.
One Can Help’s success depends on the tireless energy and compassion of juvenile court-appointed professionals, including attorneys, social workers and child advocates who want to help their neediest clients succeed and make the juvenile court and child welfare systems more supportive for all.
Our approval criteria can be found here.
Please click here to apply. (Applications must not contain multiple types of requests)
- We are happy to help your client when no other assistance is available. Please explore other resources before contacting us.
- While we may be able to help you fund the services your client needs, you will have to do most of the legwork; as a minimally-staffed organization, we rely on your partnership in this effort.
- The court or your client must be located in Massachusetts.
- Before applying, be sure to get a good estimate of the cost of the item or service you are requesting.
- We cannot reimburse any expense incurred prior to your application’s approval, nor any expense greater than the approved amount.
- We only accept online submissions.
- You should get an automated response immediately acknowledging your application,
- Response time is usually 1-2 days, so please keep an eye out for your response.
- If you do not hear back, check your spam. If not there, call 617-930-3468 for help.
- We can provide up to $1000 if the intervention is likely to make a big difference.
- All applications get a unique number when you apply. Please respond on the same email thread as your approval letter, with the application number in the subject line, so that we can track all email correspondence regarding your application.
- You will have 60 days from date of approval to submit receipts for reimbursement. We will send reimbursements as soon as we have received verified proof of expenditures. Emailed photos of receipts are acceptable as long as you keep the original.
Feedback and Follow-up
- We collect outcomes measurement data to assess our effectiveness. Your participation is essential to our accountability review, and your feedback will help us to attract more donors, foundations and other sources of financial support, so that we can reach more clients at risk.
- We really appreciate hearing from you. Progress notes and thank-you cards or emails from you and your clients are extremely helpful for our fundraising appeals and foundation grant applications.