Effective Date: October 25, 2018
Information that We Collect
We and our service providers collect a variety of information through the Website, including:
- Information contained in an application. We collect information when you apply for assistance from One Can Help through our Website. This may include your name, email address, phone number, relationship to your client, and information about the requested services (including prior attempts to obtain the requested services, the cost of services and vendor, how your client entered the court system, court name, caregivers benefitting from the services, demographic information regarding the client, whether your client was in foster care previously, whether you previously received funds from One Can Help, and the primary issues impacting your client). We request that you do not submit the name of your client or any other identifying information regarding your client through our application form. In certain cases, we may request additional information regarding your client to fulfill your request for assistance.
- Donor information. We collect information when you donate to One Can Help through our Website. This may include your name, address, email address, donation amount, donation frequency, and payment information.
- Information from our email list or event sign-up. We collect information when you join our email list or register for a fundraising event. This may include your name, email address, and job title.
- Information you submit when you contact us. We collect information when you use the “Contact” feature of our Website. This may include your name, position, email address, and phone number.
- Information collected automatically. We or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record certain information when you use our Website. For example, this may include your device’s IP address, user-agent string, information about your use of the Website during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the date and time of your visit, links you click, searches conducted, the website visited before navigating to the Website, social media referrals used to find the Website (such as Facebook and LinkedIn), what payment portal you use (such as Paypal), your software and hardware attributes (including browser and operating system type and version), and your general location inferred from IP address. To obtain such information, we or our third-party service providers may use the following technologies to recognize your device and collect information about your usage of the Website:
- Server logs. When you use the Website, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Web beacons, tags, pixels, and similar technologies. The Website or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “tag” or “pixel”) and similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. For example, it may allow an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
How We Use Information that We Collect
We and our service providers use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing our services to you. To provide our services to you, review and evaluate applications for assistance, fulfill requests for assistance, process donations, respond to your requests, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, and for other purposes related to managing our organization or providing our services.
- Communicating with you. To communicate with you regarding your application, donation, or other request and to provide important updates regarding our Website and services.
- Sending newsletters or promotional communications. To send you newsletters or other promotional messages regarding our Website, our organization, and our events.
- Conducting analytics and improving our services. To count and recognize visitors to the Website, analyze how visitors use the Website, improve the Website, and conduct analytics, including as described in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics.”
- Compiling aggregated and de-identified information. To compile aggregated and de-identified statistics or reports that we may share with third parties.
- Legal purposes. For legal or other necessary purposes, including as described below in the section titled “How We Share information.”
How We Share Information
We share information with third parties for a variety of reasons, including as follows:
- Legal purposes. We may use or share information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, violations of our rules or terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to other individuals, our property, or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Organizational transfers. We may share your information with third parties to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our organization or assets.
- Aggregated and de-identified information. We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties, such as by sharing reports with third parties about trends in the usage of the Website.
Third-Party Links, Websites, and Apps
Data Security and Retention
One Can Help uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Your Rights and Choices
One Can Help provides you with choices to review, access, and update your information or to exercise your data protection rights, as follows:
- If you no longer want to receive our newsletters or other promotional communications, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our promotional communications, you will still receive administrative messages from us.
- You may have additional rights under applicable laws to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or restrictions on the processing of your information. To make such a request and/or inquire about such rights, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn: Privacy/Legal” in the subject line. For your protection, we may only implement requests related to information that we have associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
The Website is not intended for nor directed to children under 13. We request that children under 13 do not provide information to us through the Website.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive information (e.g., social security numbers, financial account information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data, or sexual orientation) on or through the Website or otherwise to us.
One Can Help
P.O. Box 55
Newton, MA 02468